Translate 翻訳

4/06/2012

Picacho Peak 登山 - Arizona Photos

Picacho Peak 登山 -Arizona Photos

Picacho Peak in Arizona was a landmark in the history of Souwest.
Located between Phoenix and Tucson, but nearer to Tucson, it is obvious.

While driving I-10 between Los Angeles and El Paso, I always saw this mountain and I decided to climb on top. According to information, it is hard hiking but possible.

One day, from El Paso driving to Los Angeles, I stopped at Picacho Peak State Park, and start climbing. I was already driving 5 hours since leaving El Paso.
It took me more time than expected and when safely returned to parking place, I was dead tired, but I had to drive another 8 hours. I lost five hours on this Picacho Peak, I arrived at LA home at midnight instead of arriving usual around 6 o'clock.

But I was satisfied. With chain and ladder attached, this peak trail was adventurous hiking and I enjoyed in addition to a nice view from the peak. With 3374 feet (over 1000meter) and nothing in the neighborhood it was nice experience.

S. Murata
04/06/2012






















No comments:

Post a Comment