Translate 翻訳

7/26/2015

SFV Bonsai Club 盆栽クラブ 2015年7月26日 月例会報告 Monthly meeting report

SFV Bonsai Club 盆栽クラブ 2015年7月26日 月例会報告
Monthly meeting report

  Today July 26, on 4th Sunday, we had regular Bonsai Club monthly meeting at former president's house (this is the regular gathering place now since we moved center from Master's backyard 2 years ago).

  This is the first meeting after the annual big event of  San Fernando Valley Japanese 2sei festival / Obon & Bonsai show at the end of June (27 & 28).

  I was late in joining this party gathering. I had to feed the dogs and had a dog walk as usual.

  I wonder which Bonsai I should take care of today. To take care Bonsai is not easy task. Many of my Bonsai tree became dead and it was discouraging. My backyard has no shaded area which is necessary to keep plant healthy just like Home Depot's garden department has shaded area for many plants. Either strong sun or dry weather make plant life miserable unless we take care of them good from our heart. I am good at Rosemary and Mini-Wisteria. These are strong against Sun and so my only show pieces usually. Now I decided to bring Elm-thin pot Saikei, which made of 5 small elm tress and rocks. It was growing densely in 2 years. Maybe next year at Bonsai Show, I can display this Elm piece in addition to regular Rosemary.

  With the help of great instructor, I felt this Elm could be next year's my show piece, indeed.

  Today, I was late on attending this meeting. But I was surprised to see many members already attending. Total became 18! Great gathering!

  This morning I felt I had to report Bonsai show sales result and my analysis of our performance. This years' Bonsai sales to the public was not successful compared to those past years, but because of cost/expenses reduction, in spite of minimum sales, it was successful or I could say we did not lose extra money. After big event ended, now we have 4th Sunday regular meeting at this place with own Bonsai. There are many instructors now, so beginners can enjoy learning from good instructors directly.

  After President's greeting, I as Treasurer of this club, reported analysis of Bonsai sales and how it would be on next year. We will be changing sales system next year. I don't know how it will be. At least, thanks to every members' voluntary works and cooperation, this year's Show & Sales were successful.

  After the Bonsai works, we had luncheon meeting and we welcomed new member and returning member on this occasion. Bonsai club meeting is not only good to learn Bonsai basic technique, but also very good for the health to be in good company of people talking freely on various subject. It will help maintaining healthy living. To be alone is not good. With nice people around, talking and listening about plant and others will be surely keep mind healthy. Usually I leave house with doubtful mind but I never failed to appreciate this Bonsai members' meeting after I spent a few hours with them.

There were donations of Donuts, cookies, grapes, Rice-mixes and others.
----- ---- ----
  Next regular meeting will be at this same place with own Bonsai to take care on 4th Sunday August 23, 2015.

  But today president announced saying we had to take care JACC (Japanese American Community Center) Pine Tree trimming job as voluntary service. Pine Tree trim is important job and this is good chance to learn important technique of pine tree trimming. So, not only expert, but also novice member's attendance will be much appreciated and expected. It will be on August 16, Sunday early morning from 8:00 AM.

Reporting by Shigetaro Murata, Treasurer of SFV Bonsai Club,  July 26, 2015

村田茂太郎 2015年7月26日
























No comments:

Post a Comment