Translate 翻訳

8/30/2015

ブログ表紙写真ーその184回目 Century City-Westfield Plaza, Los Angeles, California USA

ブログ表紙写真ーその184回目 Century City-Westfield Plaza, Los Angeles, California USA

I lived in West Los Angeles for 4 years after I came to US in 1971. West Los Angeles was nice place to live at that time - close to UCLA, Westwood and Century City, Beverly Wilshire. Once I walked to Santa Monica Beach from apartment of WLA. It took only 1 hour by foot.

So, we used to visit Century City- Broadway Department (? now gone, no more).

After visiting Beverly Hills and La Cienega-Beverly Center, my niece wanted to visit Century City shopping mall -Westfield Plaza. Almost 40 years passed since those days when we shopped at Broadway Department. Tall buildings were around, but this Westfield Plaza was not tall. I felt it was just like old time. After visiting Beverly Center, I was happy to see open mall with flowers and some attraction - angel feather & rainbow arch around isles.

We all enjoyed walking around without any shopping. It was time for early dinner and we dropped in the Italian Restaurant. We enjoyed food and satisfied atmosphere surrounding this shopping mall. I was glad my niece suggested this visit.

Once or twice, we visited Schubelt Theater in Century City. But it was a long time ago. Now this area looks like business center with tall building surrounding this Westfield mall. I read in books some expensive lawyers have office in the building.

Century City is named "City", but not real City. I believe it is within Los Angeles City district. Name of Century City came, I think, from movie maker "Twentyth Century Fox". Around 1970s, I think, this area was their property before developed as business district - their movie studio was scattered in that neighbor around 1950- 1960, I guess.

Shigetaro Murata 08/30/2015

Century City, Los Angeles, Califoria USA



Century City, Westfield Mall, Plaza

Westfield Plaza












No comments:

Post a Comment